Staff Applications

Pendulum Network Staff Applications

If you'd like to become a member of our staff, please copy and paste the questionnaire below into a NEW REPLY containing your answers. You will be tagged with the result of your application momentarily.

For easier reading, please leave a space between the different questions and responses:

Questionnaire

IGN: your ign

(and so on…)

With the scenarios, use this format Use the <?br> tag (without the ?) to make line breaks:

Scenarios

Please answer the following as detailed as possible, minimum 3-5 sentences.

You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next?

3-5 sentence response

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation?

3-5 sentence response

Copy everything below this line.
Don’t click the Quote button upon copying, or else you won’t be able to post!

Questionnaire

IGN:

Time Zone:

Days of the week you are able to be online:

Hours you can be online per day:

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us:

Why do you want to be staff:

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest:

Scenarios

You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next?

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation?

Do not copy past the line above!

Once everything is filled out, simply click “Reply” below your post and wait. Do not ask about the status of your application, or it will be declined automatically. Your draft is autosaved in case you accidentally close out of the forum. We will inform you personally (and tag you in this thread) the outcome of your application.

On the Discord server, players would upvote (+1) and downvote (-1) applications based on their own criterion. To avoid any possible bad feelings or improper critiquing, simply like the post by clicking/tapping the gray :heart: under the post contents.

IGN: VortexPlayzX

Time Zone: UTC+8:00

Days of the week you are able to be online: Everyday, unless there’s an event.

Hours you can be online per day: 5 - 7 hours (weekdays) 7 - 12 hours (weekends)

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I can be essential to everyone, by advertising the server in my YouTube channel, my discord server, and my Twitter page. You should accept me because I am very mature, and I help people out.

Why do you want to be staff: I would want to be staff because I have been Admin in a server, and I was a pretty good use to it. But since it got shut down due to the Owner not having enough money, I was looking for another server to work on and I got here. but I found out there’s an age limit but Filqh said you need to be 13+ or be mature. so I am reapplying and here I am.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: I was banned on Hypixel in 2013 because my little brother used my PC and broke some rule. Me and my little brother shared PCs in 2013… Now in 2014 he had a laptop.

Scenarios

I would tell them not to accuse the player ‘hacking’. If they still complain then I will warn them.

I will not unban the player. I will tell them that the player needs to appeal the ban.

Cool

Copy everything below this line.

Don’t click the Quote button upon copying, or else you won’t be able to post!

Questionnaire

IGN: ballercraftftw

Time Zone: eastern standard time

Days of the week you are able to be online: mon threw Friday intill school starts then Saturdays and sundays

Hours you can be online per day: about 7

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I am on most of the day and I can help the server by looking for hackers and abusers

Why do you want to be staff: so I can make sure our server is a safe place

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: no

Scenarios

say thank u for trying to keep our server safe but the player u have reported has been looked into and found not hacking but thank u for taking time out of ur day to help our server

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation
[/quote]
warn them of a temp mute and if they keep spamming mute them and do not unban the player

IGN: ItsHybridMC

Time Zone: 00:00GMT LONDON,LISBON

Days of the week you are able to be online: I can be online every day but on some days I will be on less than others.
Hours you can be online per day: I should be able to play 2-3 hours per day depending on what day it is, This is because
have outdoor activities I attend / sports. I will be able to play about 5 hours per day untill school starts again, then I will go back to doing around 3 hours per day.

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I could be essential to you because of my time zone and
expierience, First off all I am in the UK and I know that not all staff members are in the UK. This means I can be online when other staff members are offline / in school e.t.c

Why do you want to be staff: I want to be staff because I think that I could help the server as it is growing and a lot of new user’s are joining every day, I want to make sure they stay because I want to see the server become a big server that is well known. I also want to be staff because I have been staff many times before and have quite a-lot of experience. I also want to be back in the staff community and want to help the server in many ways.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: No, I have never been temp banned from a server.

Scenarios

You see players complaining about a hacker, how ever the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next?

First of all i would make sure the “hacker” is hacking or not hacking. I will watch him for a decent amount of time untill I am certain of whats going on, If he is not hacking I will tell all players complaining that I have been watching him and have not seen him hack in any way shape or form. If he is hacking I will tell everyone to calm down as the problem has been solved and he has been banned. I will thank everyone for telling staff that he is hacking so that the server is hacker proof.

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation? I ask them why they would like me to pardon that player, I will let them tell me their reasons and think about what I should do. If the reasons that the player/s are good then I will take it into consideration and unban the player, however, If the player is banned by another staff member I will discuss the reasons with him/her and they shall decide on what they would like to do. If they do not want the player pardoned then I will tell the players that the problem has been discussed with staff members and that we have come up with a descision, the player shall serve his ban.

Nice avoidance trick removing the [quote] tag

IGN: Badbird1968

Time Zone: EST

Other contacts (eg. skype): discord

Reason you should be staff: I was moderator on my friends server but he had to shut it down cause he didn’t have the money. But I would like to be staff because I would like to help the community of the server even since it is growing Also I would like to help new players that join.

Any other things we should know about you: i am 15 years old i love riding dirtbikes i love helping people when they need I used to ride horses I volunteer at some places during. I hope you accept my application I know I will have to wait. Have you ever been banned from any other servers? If so, why?: yes i was banned on cosmicpvp for hacking on a alt for fun cause i was bored and on cosmic prisons for chargeback cause somone bought me a rank then charged back it and on hypixel for hacking on a alt cause i was bored playing with my brother. i hope you accept my application. Thank you for your time

Scenario I would tp to the player in vanish and watch over until I get evidence of the player and then if I get good evidence confront the player and asking him to send me a ss of his f3 depending on the hacks for xray I would confront the player and ask him and if the player says no I will temp ban him for a bit longer

Scenario 2 I would tell them that if you continue spamming that msg that I will have to mute you or to tell them to tell to tell the banned player to talk to the owner or appeal.

I hope you accept my application Thanks!

IGN: HelloThereNoob

Time Zone: Eastern

Days of the week you are able to be online: ALL

Hours you can be online per day: 3-4

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I am experienced on building, and monitoring behavior, as well as creating faction servers.

Why do you want to be staff: Since I’ve been banned on Hypixel forever, I want to put my time and dedication to this server!

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: Banned from hypixel for false ban. Watchdog is trash

Scenarios
You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next? I would talk to the player to see their response to the complaints, and then monitor him too double check evidence. If the player is hacking, I would contact him, leading to a (maybe) ban.

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation? I would tell them to quite down, and ask them why they want the certain player unbanned. If the reasoning is valid, then I’d say the staff should agree on a decision. If the answer is not valid, a meeting still should be discussed on the current situation.

I like to keep things short, sweet, and straight to the point.

IGN: Cycless

Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone.

Days of the week you are able to be online: 7 days a week mainly, but I will be moving in about two weeks, so I wont be on because my PC will be packed.

Hours you can be online per day: Depends on how much homework I have. On weekdays, 2 hours or more. Weekends, almost all day.

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I also have a youtube channel and want to do a “staff series” on this server. I can get this server more exposure, AND do my job as a staff member at the same time.

Why do you want to be staff: I’d like to help this servers’ community grow, and keep it clean and stable whilst growing. Keeping cheaters off the server and enforcing the rules.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: I’ve been false-banned by a console on FaithfulMC. I appealed and got unbanned. That’s it, really.

You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next? I’ll start off with the “complainers” I would talk to each of them individually about said player, and why they think he/she is cheating. After investigating, I would announce in-game that said player is not cheating, and if they continue to hackusate, they will be muted. That’s the end of it.

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation? Announce in chat, “he/she will not be unbanned, and if you continue to say this, you will be muted/ and or suspended”. If they continue to do so, they will be punished with a 24hr mute, or a 24hr suspension. If they do not, then the player they were spamming about will serve his/her ban, and all is well.

Thanks for reading. :^)

Questionnaire

IGN: ENGLuke

Time Zone: BST/GMT

Days of the week you are able to be online: 3-5 days.

Hours you can be online per day: 4-5 hours.

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us:

You should accept me because of the experience I have with both the game and the gamemode. Having been in the factions community for around 3 or 4 years I know everything you need to know about faction servers especially this type of server with custom enchants. I have extensive staff experience in all positions of staff such as being an admin and moderator. I also have experience being a senior member of staff. I can/have trained staff members before and I believe I have more than sufficient knowledge of staff commands to not only help the players that need it, to also help the staff that may need it. I would be essential to the staff team because I am passionate about the server, factions and the community that makes this server what it is. If that is lost to players cheating and being toxic not only will that drive players away, it will ruin the reputation that has been made by the wonderful staff and players. I have also helped servers during the development stages and made servers that have gone onto semi-successful in their respected fields. I am not staff on loads of servers so I will have plenty of time to come on play as a normal player and moderate. I can also record all the evidence and upload it if need be. I am always active on discord and I’m always happy to answer any questions players have on there. I always regularly check the forums aswell.

Why do you want to be staff:

I would like to be staff because I want to give back to the community that so graciously accept me. I want to help the community in more ways than ever before because they deserve it. They shouldn’t have to put up with chat spammers, cheaters and people that overall ruin the experience players get when playing. Servers are all about having fun and when that fun is ruined what’s the point in playing? I want to eliminate rule breakers so the fun doesn’t stop. I think I would have a good influence to the staff team as I have lots of experiences with ghost clients, hacked clients and plenty of mods. I can decompile certain things to look at the code and maybe find some malicious code inside mods because some ghost clients, such as Drek and Merge, are disguised as mods.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest:

Yes I have, I was banned on Hypixel for compromised account. I have updated my minecraft password and added extra security measures so my account isn’t compromised again.

Scenarios
If I was positive the player wasn’t cheating I would calm the hackusations down by saying I have checked them and they are clean. If the person was still getting hackusated I would maybe pull them in for a screenshare as they may have been toggling. If they aren’t cheating at all I would say it once again and if it carried on and was starting to cause drama I would issue verbal warnings. If the hackusating was still going on I would then result into muting those players who have chosen to hackusate after a verbal warning. I would also apologise on behalf of the players to the victim of the hackusations.

Firstly, I would check who banned the player if it was not me I would refer them to the staff member that banned the player. If it was me I would ask them to calm down whilst I review the situation. I would look over evidence to see if it was right to ban them. If it wasn’t to ban them I would unban them with an apology. However, if it was a rightful ban I would check the forums to see if the banned player has made an appeal. If they have I will review it and either accept it or deny it. If I am still getting spammed after I have done everything in my power and the right thing I will ask again for them to stop. Failure to do so will result in warnings, if it continues after that or is causing drama they will be muted.

IGN: RebelTheDino (Soon To Be changed to iiCruise)

Time zone: GMT 0

Days of the week I am able to be on: 7

Hours I can play per day: 4 (Weekdays) 6 (Weekends)
Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I know how to use alot of commands and I have experiance with alot of differant servers, And I know Alot of Ground rules written and unwritten and I’ll advertise your server.

Why do you want to be staff: I want to be staff to simply help the server and support in all the ways I can.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: I was once banned (Perm) from a RP server because of an overzealous Admin, And I was once banned from hypixel for 3 days for crossteaming :frowning:

You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next? I would not ban the player. I would Alert the player accused about lag and latency.
I would warn them about the problems that It may cause.

I would Request that the stopped spamming, otherwise they may end up muted, And Say ‘If a player has been banned, It was done for a reason!’

Questionnaire
IGN: 1sts

Time Zone: Australia QLD timezone - I get on late sometimes though

Days of the week you are able to be online: maybe 5-7/7 days

Hours you can be online per day: 1-3 hours more like 1-7 c;

Why should we accept you, and how can you be essential to us: I enjoy being a staff member because I like making sweet communities where there are no bad people such as hackers.

Why do you want to be staff: I want to be staff so I can help the server grow more! This is a really good server and I would love to help stop hackers/people breaking the rules.

Have you ever been banned/temp-banned from a server? If so, why? Please be honest: I have been banned from 2 servers before, but it wasn’t much. One was for an afk pool I was knocked into and another was because I was glitched in the air and they thought I was flying.

Scenarios
You see players complaining about a hacker, however the player they’re accusing isn’t hacking once you come to investigate. What would you do next? If someone is accused for hacking, I would next tell the person that it was okay and that they weren’t hacking. Then I would ask them why they thought they were hacking and if they had screenshots showing them previously hacking. If they send me screenshots, I would further inspect the player, but if not, I’ll just continue playing.

Several players are spamming you to pardon (un-ban) another player. What would you do in this situation? I would tell them to make a post on the website with reasons why. ( I think we need a ban appeals page on the site if there isn’t already one ). I would then see if they’re on a alt account.

Applications will be read please send some applications!